Safety & Security
The Stephens County School System is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for our students and employees.
- A School Resource Officer (SRO) is stationed at each school.
- There are single-entry access points at each school. Visitors must show a photo ID.
- The Technology Department maintains all technology-based security including employee badge access, video camera surveillance, alarms, and more.
- Weather warning stations are located on the roof of Stephens County Middle School and at Stephens County High School.
- Administrators conduct regular safety inspections, safety training, and emergency drills.
If you are experiencing an emergency situation, dial 9-1-1.
Offered by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security, the app enables students, parents, and the community to anonymously report student tips about weapons, drugs, bullying, mental health concerns, and/or other school safety concerns 24/7 and is monitored by trained, emergency professionals.
Please download the free app on your cell phone to remind you to always be aware of your surroundings, and so the app is readily available if needed. Here is a link for more information and to access the free mobile app download: https://gema.georgia.gov/get-involved/report-threat.
NOTE: This incident reporting system is NOT intended for emergency situations. For situations requiring an immediate response, call 9-1-1.