Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a certified copy of my child's birth certificate? 

Contact the agency responsible for vital records in the state in which your child was born. Links are provided below to the Stephens County Probate Court and the Georgia Department of Vital Records. A link is also provided for VitalChek; a fast and convenient way to order certified vital records online from all States (there is a processing fee for use of this service).

Stephens County Probate Court - (706) 886-2828 - You are able to obtain a certified copy of your child's birth certificate from the Stephens County Probate Office if the child was born in the state of Georgia. Please call their office for hours and costs.

Georgia Department of Vital Records – (404) 679-4701

VitalChek- (NOTE: VitalChek charges a small processing fee for use of this service.)

How do I obtain a copy of my child's social security card? 

An application for a social security card will need to be completed and taken to the local Social Security Administration office along with other required documents.

Social Security Administration - (800) 772-1213

How do I obtain a Georgia Immunization Form (Georgia Form 3231) and/or Hearing, Vision, Dental, and Nutrition Form (Form 3300)? 

Contact your child’s (Georgia) medical provider or visit the Stephens County Health Department at 64 N Blvd., Toccoa, GA 30577; (706) 282-4507. If you have completed forms from another state, you must visit the Stephens County Health Department or another Georgia medical provider to have the information translated to the approved Georgia forms.

What documentation do I need to provide if I live with someone else? 

Proof of residence in the name of the person with whom your family is living must be provided and complete the Residential Affidavit. This affidavit must be signed by the person with whom your family is living, the parent/guardian of the child and a Notary Public.

What documentation do I need to provide for proof of residence if I moved in the last 30 days? 

Contact your local utility company to obtain documentation that service is pending. Be sure that this documentation states the physical address of the residence.

Are cell phone or regular phone bills accepted as proof of residence? 

No, phone bills are not accepted as valid proof of residence. Electric or any other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence is accepted.

How to I obtain a copy of my utility bill? 

Contact your utility company or print a copy of your most recent e-bill. Listed below are the utility companies for Stephens County:

Georgia Power – (888) 660-5890 or (706) 282-4701
Hart EMC – (800) 241-4109
City of Toccoa – (706) 886-8451